Why you need to Embed a Spotify in Notion?
Embedding a Spotify playlist in Notion can be an excellent way to enhance your workflow. Music has the ability to improve focus and concentration, allowing you to better focus on cognitive tasks. It can also help to lift your mood and increase productivity, resulting in improved performance.
With Spotify, you can easily choose the music that best suits your mood and task, granting you access to a wide selection of music. So, why not give it a try and see what you think?
You can also show off your favourite tunes to others. For instance, you can simply recommend your music to people and share what tunes you're currently into on your personal page.
Quick Steps to Embed a Spotify Playlist in Notion:
- First open first your Spotify playlist
- Once there, click the three-dot icon next to the green play button. Click on "..."
- In the drop-down menu, make sure to select "Share" and then "Embed playlist/album/song/etc."
- Once you have finished customizing, make sure to select the "Copy" button
- Go to the Notion page, type "/embed" and select the "Embed" block
- In the pop-up window that appears after you create the Embed block, you will need to paste the link you just copied in Spotify. Be sure to select the blue "Embed" button to complete the process
- Finally, you can see what your Spotify playlist looks like in Notion. Congratulations, you've now just embedded Spotify into Notion! Remember, you can also change the height and width of the Spotify preview. You can scale it very small to fit your Notion page layout
So, in simple words, to embed a Spotify playlist in Notion, just right-click on the playlist in the Spotify player, select "Share", and click "Copy Embed Code". Then, paste the copied embed code into Notion's embed block.
The disadvantage of embedding a Spotify playlist in Notion
The main disadvantage of embedding a Spotify playlist in Notion is that it can slow down the performance of Notion, as embedding media can be resource-intensive.
Additionally, the Spotify embed will only allow you to play a 30 second sample of the song from your concept home page. This means that while embedding your favorite Spotify playlist can be fun, it won't be as functional as you'd like, as you won't be able to play the full length of the song.
Breaking the 30 Second Limit on Spotify Playlists in Notion
To Break the 30 Second Limit on Spotify Playlists in Notion, I collect the following methods, hope it will help:
1. login in your Spotify Account
Every time you close the app or go out of the page and come back, you need to re-sign in to break the 30 second limit for Spotify playlist in Notion because Notion does not remember your account details. This means that you will need to enter your account details each time you access the page or close the app.
It is very annoying to use the spotify embed when you have to re-sign in all the time.
2. Use Soundcloud
You can break the 30 second limit for Spotify playlist in Notion by using Soundcloud instead. To do this, create a playlist in Soundcloud and make it public. Then, embed the playlist in your Notion space. This will allow you to play the full songs without having to sign in every time. Additionally, you can use other music streaming services to embed music into your Notion space, such as YouTube or Bandcamp.
Other ways to add music to Notion besides Spotify?
If you don't want to use Spotify, there are other ways to add music to Notion. You can upload your own sound files, or use other music streaming services such as Apple Music. If you prefer Soundcloud, you can also embed Soundcloud tracks into Notion via the /audio command. This will allow you to play the full songs without having to sign in every time.
Adding Spotify to notion isn't limited to Spotify playlists
How do I add a spotify album cover to Notion? Previously we talked about potify playlists , now we talk about how to embed a Spotify podcast, an episode, a track, an artist, or an album in Notion.
The process of adding these Spotify elements to Notion is very similar
- Open the Spotify Web Player.
- Search for the content you would like to embed and right click on it. You can create an Embed for a podcast, an episode, a track, a playlist, an artist, or an album.
- Right click or long press on the title of the content. Open the Share option, and then tap on the sub option beginning with the word Embed.
- Customize your Embed using the options provided and then tap on Copy.
- In Notion, type "/embed" and select the "embed" block.
- Paste the code into the section of your Notion block.
- now the Spotify podcast, an episode, a track, a playlist, an artist, or an album have been succssfuly add ed to your notion page . You can also change the height and width of Spotify previews.